A positive housing community is inclusive, respectful, and provides its members with a sense of safety. University Housing is committed to creating safe and welcoming communities for all residents and staff members, inclusive of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, socio-economic status, and veteran status. Students residing in on-campus housing have responsibilities to themselves and the larger community.
The Residential Life and Education staff is committed to the inclusion by engaging students in educational programming that promotes getting involved in a positive manner in their community. We strive to encourage our students to participate in a dialogue that moves beyond respecting the differences of others to creating a culture of equity and advocacy.
- Video presentations about issues of cultural inclusion.
- Screenings of popular films that have diversity as their central themes.
- Coffee and Conversation Series about issues of diversity.
- Bulletin boards and other passive programming about issues of diversity.
Additionally, the Residential Life and Education staff is committed to partnering with other campus departments to promote learning about issues of diversity. The following is a list of departments that staff partners with to provide additional programming within the halls:
- Multicultural Center
- The Gender Equity Center
- The PRIDE Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Campus Resources Disability Resource Center - (805) 756-1395, Building 124, Room 119
- Gender Equity Center - (805) 756-2600, University Union, Room 209
- Pride Center - (805) 756-PRDE (7733), University Union, Room 209
- Multicultural Center - (805) 756-1405, University Union, Room 271
- Veterans Resources - (805) 756-2531
- Inclusive Excellence at Cal Poly - (805) 756-6655
- Student Support Services - (805) 756-1395, Building 124, Room 119
- Ombuds Services - (805) 756-1380
- University Police Department (to report a hate crime, harassment or for safety concerns), (805) 756-2281
- Online list of Cal Poly student organizations