Campus Housing Tours
Updated: March 12, 2020
Get an inside look at University Housing's Learning Community options in our 60-minute tour of campus residence halls. Cal Poly offers themed living environments where students with similar interests and identities live and learn together: communities associated with each of the University's six colleges, various interests and cultural and gender identities. Tours are led by Cal Poly student Housing Ambassadors.
Housing Tour Schedule
Tours are held every weekday. There are no tours on academic holidays. Unless otherwise specified, tours depart from the Administration (Bldg. 1) flagpole and last approximately one hour. Most guests are interested in first-year housing options. Please let your tour guide know if you are interested in seeing transfer and continuing student housing options.
The Administration Building, (Bldg. 1) is located on the corner of Grand Avenue and North Perimeter Road.
Weekly Tour Schedule:
|12:10 p.m.||12:10 p.m.||12:10 p.m.||12:10 p.m.||12:10 p.m.|
|3:45 p.m.||--||--||--||3:45 p.m.|
- Tours are currently canceled until further notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Sadly, Open House and our Green and Gold tours have also been canceled due to this. Please utilize the information below to view and tour all of our housing options virtually!
- Updates will be posted when more information from the University and local health officials are announced.
Virtual Housing Tours
There's no need to worry if you're unable to squeeze us into your campus visit or can't make it down for a tour because there's another way to explore all of our housing options! Whether you're interested in walking with the tour while on campus or if you'd rather visit from the comfort of your home, all options are available through the Cal Poly Now app.
Download the free app at the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Search "Cal Poly Now" on your device.
- Download the free Cal Poly Now app.
- Open the app and go to the section labeled "Find Guides."
- Search "University Housing," then download the guide.
- Open the guide and look for the sections labeled "First-year Housing Tour" and "Continuing Student Housing Tour."
- Start a tour and begin exploring.