Fall Mustang Move-In
Updated: Aug. 11, 2020
University Housing looks forward to welcoming you to your campus home! To protect the health and safety of residents and staff, Mustang Move-in has been extended to include more days. Students and supporters are expected to abide by physical distancing policies and wear face coverings while on campus. In order to stagger visitors, all students will book a move-in appointment for a particular date and time.
Given the evolving nature of COVID-19, we strongly advise that you keep your travel plans as flexible as possible as dates/processes may change.
New Student Move-in Dates
Thursday, Sept. 3: Early move-in for approved Early Start Program participants
Friday, Sept 4: New student move-in, prioritized for Out-of-State and International Students
Saturday, Sept. 5: New student move-in
Sunday, Sept. 6: New student move-in, prioritized for Quarter Plus and CORE students
Tuesday, Sept. 8: New student move-in
Monday, Sept 7 is Labor Day — no move-in appointments are available.
Continuing Student Move-in Dates
Wednesday, Sept. 8* - Sunday, Sept. 13: All continuing students
*Limited appointments will be available on Sept. 8, to help with physical distancing.
Cal Poly is still awaiting approvals from the CSU Chancellor's Office about fall housing plans. As changes may become necessary, booking a move-in appointment does not guarantee your fall assignment.
All residents must reserve a move-in appointment for a particular date and time to unload your vehicle, check-in, and park. Once reservations open, please book a move-in appointment in your Housing Portal under Mustang Move-in. Print your confirmation email and take it with you on the day of your move-in, as verification of your appointment.
New students: Booking a move-in appointment
To give new them more flexibility to make travel plans and book flights, out-of-state, international students, Quarter Plus and CORE students will receive 24-hour early access to book a move-in appointment. Friday, Sept. 4 will be prioritized for Out of State and International students, though they can select other dates if appointments are available.
New students can begin to reserve a move-in appointment in their Housing Portal on the following dates:
- Quarter Plus and CORE students (booking for Sept. 6): Monday, Aug. 17 starting at 9 a.m. (pacific time)
- New Out-of-State and International Students: Monday, Aug. 17 starting at noon (pacific time)
- All other new students: Tuesday, Aug. 18 starting at 9 a.m. (pacific time)
Continuing students: Booking a move-in appointment
All returning students can book a move-in appointment in their Housing Portal for the following dates: Sept. 8-13. The reservation system opens to continuing students starting on Sept. 1 at 9 a.m.
Need to change, cancel, or defer?
New students can change or edit their appointments through Aug. 31 in their Housing Portal. Continuing students have until Sept. 6 to change their move-in appointment.
If you choose to defer fall housing after you schedule a move-in appointment, please cancel your move-in appointment so another resident can reserve the time.
Tips and Reminders
Campus housing is located on hilly terrain. Be prepared to climb stairs. September days on the Central Coast are warm. Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, sunscreen and water. Please leave pets at home.
Once on campus, navigate to your community's drop-off zone to unload your car, check-in, and park. Sanitized green moving bins will be available to assist in your move.
Mustang Move-in reminders:
- Plan to arrive on campus at the time of your appointment to help keep traffic flowing smoothly throughout the day.
- Maps and detailed move-in instructions will be emailed to you prior to move-in.
- Limit your move-in party to yourself and two supporters.
- Your party should wear face-coverings while on campus.
- Need to go shopping after you've moved in? As a courtesy to other movers, please return to campus after move-in appointments have concluded.
- New students: Don’t forget to go to the UU Plaza to pick up WOW materials, personal protective equipment, and your Poly Card. Your WOW check-in time will be on your move-in appointment confirmation email.
Your new home comes furnished and move-in ready. View floor plans and amenities for campus residences here:
- Sierra Madre & Yosemite Halls
- South Mountain Halls
- North Mountain Halls
- Cerro Vista Apartments
- Poly Canyon Village Apartments
Don’t bring your entire room with you. You always have breaks to get things from home or have things shipped to you.
Pack light, in case public health conditions necessitate changes to fall assignments. Take a look at the "Free to Bring" suggestion checklist, and talk with your roommates/apartment-mates about items to share. Please leave prohibited items at home.