Continuing Student Housing
Updated: Aug. 14, 2020
Academic Year 2020-21 Planning
On-campus, students can live in the Cerro Vista or Poly Canyon Village apartments. These furnished four-, five-, and six-person apartments are safe and convenient with all the amenities and 24/7 staff support. Plus, there’s 360-degree views, amazing hikes, and nearby shops — right in your backyard.
See housing fees for campus apartments. >>
While we do not know what the public health status of our community or state will be in fall, University Housing is moving forward with the expectation that students will be arriving in September. As the situation evolves, we will communicate with students to help everyone make decisions with their health and safety top of mind.
For fall housing updates, including deferral and cancellation info., please check the Housing COVID-19 website.>>
Waitlist for Fall Housing
The Continuing Student application is closed for 2020-21 and all spaces are full. If you're interested in living on campus, add your name to the waitlist in your Housing Portal. Given the uncertainty for fall, we cannot guarantee that waitlisted students will be offered a space on campus — and we strongly encourage all students on the waitlist to explore off-campus housing options.
If housing becomes available, students will be invited via email to submit an application. If a space becomes available, University Housing will email you with an invitation to secure campus housing.
If you are offered a space from the waitlist, you will be invited to apply, sign the housing contract, and submit the non-refundable $500 initial payment to snag a spot on campus. In the application you will:
- Request a Residential Learning Community: Placement in your preference is not guaranteed. Some communities have already filled. If your preferred community fills, you can select an open apartment in another community.
- Choose an Apartment Gender:
- Same-gender apartment: Students share an apartment with other students of the same sex or gender.
- Mixed-gender apartment: Students share an apartment with other students of any sex or gender.
- Pride apartment: We recognize that many students would be more comfortable living with members of the LGBTQ+ community and/or in housing options inclusive of all genders, gender identities, and expressions (not gendered into male and female spaces). Pride apartments are available in both the Pride Community and in small clusters throughout all other residential learning communities.
- Let us know your other housing plans:
- Are you planning to stay for Winter Break (Nov. 21-Jan.3). Winter Break is not included in your Housing Contract; an additional fee applies for Winter Break residents.
- Are you planning to seek out a disability-related housing accommodation through the DRC?
- Do you want renter's insurance?
Select a room
Once you've submitted your application, you can pick a room on the spot. Most 2020-21 residents have already selected a room — so limited spaces remain in Poly Canyon Village and Cerro Vista. Choose a room that works best for you from what is available.
Cancellations and Fall Housing Deferrals
For more information about canceling your housing for the academic year or deferring fall housing until the winter term, please see the Housing's COVID-19 Information website.
University Housing looks forward to welcoming you to your campus home! To protect the health and safety of residents and staff, Mustang Move-in has been extended to include more days. Students and supporters are expected to abide by physical distancing policies and wear face coverings while on campus. In order to stagger visitors, all students will book a move-in appointment for a particular date and time.
Winter and Spring Housing
Not planning on moving to Cal Poly until Winter or Spring quarter? You'll fill out a different application for housing — unless you deferred your fall housing, in which case your prior application will be used. Visit the Winter and Spring Housing webpage to learn more.