University Housing Policies
Updated Oct. 10, 2022
Residents are expected to make mature, responsible, and respectful choices and join others in creating a positive living experience.
Residents have a right to:
- Live in an environment that is conducive to sleep and study
- Have their human dignity respected.
- Live in a clean and safe environment.
As Cal Poly students, all residents are expected to uphold the policies outlined in the California State University Student Code of Conduct. Additionally, University Housing sets policies specific to the on-campus living environment to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment for all residents.
Alleged violations of University Housing and/or Cal Poly policies will be referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR). OSRR will investigate cases, meet with students, and determine outcomes, including administrative and educational resolutions.
- University Housing Policy Guide (pdf) - (updated Oct. 7, 2022)
- University Housing Resource Guide (pdf) - (updated Sept. 26, 2022)
- Electronic Device Guidelines
- Visitor and Guest Information
- FERPA Release (may be completed by students)
Housing and Dining License Terms & Conditions (updated Feb. 7, 2022)
First-year student contract (updated April 5, 2022)
First-year student contract addendum (updated April 5, 2022)
Two-year housing program addendum (updated March 30, 2022)
Transfer student contract (updated April 5, 2022)
Transfer student contract addendum (updated April 5, 2022)
Continuing student contract (updated Jan. 31, 2022)
Continuing student contract addendum (updated Feb. 7, 2022)
First-year contract | First-year contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Two-year-requirement contract addendum (CAED, CAFES, CENG, Cal Poly Scholars and student-athletes admitted as first-year students for 2021-22)
Transfer contract | Transfer/grad contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Continuing student contract | Continuing student contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Cal Poly Lofts contract| Cal Poly Lofts addendum (updated July 15, 2021)
Winter/Spring contract (updated Nov. 10, 2021)
- Report any pre-existing damages on your Housing Portal
- Damage Charge Rate Schedule
- To cancel your housing, go to University Housing in your Cal Poly Portal, then click on Housing Cancellations.