Students Reading policies

University Housing Policies

Updated Oct. 10, 2022

Residents are expected to make mature, responsible, and respectful choices and join others in creating a positive living experience.

Residents have a right to:

  • Live in an environment that is conducive to sleep and study 
  • Have their human dignity respected. 
  • Live in a clean and safe environment. 

As Cal Poly students, all residents are expected to uphold the policies outlined in the California State University Student Code of Conduct. Additionally, University Housing sets policies specific to the on-campus living environment to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment for all residents.

Alleged violations of University Housing and/or Cal Poly policies will be referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR). OSRR will investigate cases, meet with students, and determine outcomes, including administrative and educational resolutions.

2022-23 Contracts

Housing and Dining License Terms & Conditions (updated Feb. 7, 2022)
First-year student contract (updated April 5, 2022)
First-year student contract addendum (updated April 5, 2022)
Two-year housing program addendum (updated March 30, 2022)
Transfer student contract (updated April 5, 2022)
Transfer student contract addendum (updated April 5, 2022)
Continuing student contract (updated Jan. 31, 2022)
Continuing student contract addendum (updated Feb. 7, 2022)

Contract Addendums:
First-year contract | First-year contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Two-year-requirement contract addendum (CAED, CAFES, CENG, Cal Poly Scholars and student-athletes admitted as first-year students for 2021-22)
Transfer contractTransfer/grad contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Continuing student contractContinuing student contract addendum (updated April 1, 2021)
Cal Poly Lofts contractCal Poly Lofts addendum (updated July 15, 2021)
Winter/Spring contract (updated Nov. 10, 2021)

Additional Documents

Damage Charges
Dining Plans (required for first-years living on campus)
Housing & Dining Cancellation Form
  • To cancel your housing, go to University Housing in your Cal Poly Portal, then click on Housing Cancellations.

Related Content

Strategic Plan

View Plan

Diversity & Inclusion

We are committed to creating equitable communities for all residents, staff and guests.

Find out how

Get Involved with Housing

Let's go!