About Residential Life at Cal Poly
Watch this one minute video about Residential Student Experience at Cal Poly..
It's an overview of what to expect and the team who will serve you in your Learning Community.
A place to grow in your home
Cal Poly University Housing partners with students to create a living-learning environment that encourages the academic and personal development for a diverse community. We provide learning outside of the classroom that complements the learning taking place in the classroom in and engaging and fun environment! Here's what's in store for you:
Community Building Events: Our event teams come together to create many events throughout the year for residents to connect, learn and have fun. Stay up-to-date on all events by visiting our calendar.
Learning Opportunities: We work with partners across to campus to bring multiple academic opportunities into your community including:
- Registration Workshops: Registration Workshops are held all learning communities to assist new students with the registration process. Academic Advisors, Mustang Success Center, peer mentors and/or registrar staff are available to help students learn how to use the registration system and to talk about classes students need to stay on track academically at Cal Poly.
- Top Ten Classes: Each community has a list of the Top 10 classes students in the community are enrolled in. This list is used by Housing staff to organize study groups and student-faculty interactions.
- SAS Tutoring Groups: SAS hosts several tutoring groups in various Housing buildings to support students learning where they are living.
- Office of Writing and Learning Initiatives: the Writing and Learning Center tutoring staff hold office hours in University Housing.
- Success Meetings: Throughout the quarter, students have the opportunity to meet with University Housing staff members to discuss academic and personal concerns and learn about resources available to assist them in their success at Cal Poly and beyond.
- Other Collaborations: University Housing staff meet throughout the year with Associate Deans, department chairs, faculty, career services, student academic services, college librarians and other academically related staff to integrate the student experience and building collaborations to support student success. In addition, University Housing staff attends and presents at College department meetings, College Councils, College Academic Day events, Open House, etc.
- Safety: It is our top priority to create safe residential communities where you can thrive.
- Roommates: Having a roommate is an adjustment and we are here to help!
- Break Checks: During winter and spring breaks, our crew might access your room to check on maintenance and safety items. Here's what to expect.