Cal Poly Lofts
San Luis Obispo
Cal Poly Lofts is a residential community for junior and senior-level Cal Poly students who have an entrepreneurial perspective and are engaged in Learn by Doing programs focused on fostering creativity and innovation. The lofts development includes apartments for 35 business-minded students, and 6,000 square feet of commercial space for the adjacent SLO HotHouse.
Applications for the 2018-19 Cal Poly Lofts are due Friday, February 2nd! Apply now by filling out the Cal Poly Lofts Application.
All three levels of this local landmark have been renovated and redesigned to include unique floor plans and space for a central courtyard. Most apartments feature exposed brick walls, large windows, and generous views of the city.
- Fully furnished studio, one and two-bedroom apartments
- A private outdoor courtyard
- Kitchens including a refrigerator, electric stove & microwave
- Community laundry area
- Exterior bike racks
- Air conditioner and heating units controlled independently
- Hardwood and ceramic tile flooring
- First floor retail
Cal Poly Lofts is located in the historic Blackstone-Sauer building on Monterey and Chorro Streets, across from the Mission San Luis Obispo de Telosa. Biking distance to the university and steps away from downtown retail, dining and entertainment, Cal Poly Lofts is in an ideal location.
Pricing for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
|sTUDIO||1 BEDROOM||2 BEDROOM|
Prices vary based on apartment size and location. Lease agreements are for 12 months.
Need-based scholarship opportunities are available.
Leases are for 12 months: Friday, Sept. 1, 2017 at 10 a.m. to Friday, August 31, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Priority is given to students who meet these specific selection criteria:
- Currently actively involved in CIE, who lived in iCommunity or who are involved in other Learn by Doing projects on campus
- 2.5 overall GPA and in good academic standing
- Good standing with the Cal Poly Code of Conduct
- Completion of application materials and selection process
Cal Poly Lofts Application
Once you start the application, it cannot be saved to resume later. Before you begin, it is wise to be ready with:
- An essay which answers the following:
"Having the opportunity to live in the Cal Poly Lofts Program will assist me in my academic and career goals by:"
- Two faculty members to serve as references:
Include their name, email and phone number. Be sure to get their permission first.
Selected applicants will be invited to a personal interview.
Fill out the Cal Poly Lofts Application.
Contact: University Housing
- Phone: 805-756-1226
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Cal Poly Lofts